BKLYN DESIGNS is an internationally renowned, curated design fair showcasing furniture, lighting, textiles, art, home accessories and jewelry designed or made in Brooklyn. Taking place May 8-10 at the Brooklyn Expo Center in Greenpoint, BKLYN DESIGNS is the official kick-off for New York Design Week (NYCxDESIGN) and part of a borough-wide celebration of design on Mother’s Day Weekend through partnerships with the Brooklyn Museum, NYC&co and WantedDesign Industry City.
Through strong media partnerships, collaborations with local institutions and design associations, BKLYN DESIGNS expects to attract roughly 6,000 design-savvy consumers and industry influencers as well as store buyers, interior designers, architects, developers and educators over the course of three days.
This year’s show promises to be more inspiring than ever! In addition to presenting the highest caliber furnishings and accessories from Brooklyn-based artisans, designers and manufacturers, the show will feature design talks and seminars, hands-on workshops, installations and events.
· BKLYN BUYS – a new marketplace section curated by Bonnie Mackay (Former Director of Creative Merchandizing & Marketing at MoMA), Matilda McQuaid (Curatorial Director at the Cooper-Hewitt) and stylist/design journalist Melissa Feldman
· Dwell Store – featuring locally made products from Fort Standard, Rich Brilliant Willing, The Principals, Souda & more
· High Line Pop-Up Shop – featuring objects from Brooklyn designers
· CLOG and other A&D Book publishers
· Interiors & Sources Designer Brunch + Walking Tour
· The Architect’s Newspaper New Practices Lounge showcasing the work of emerging Brooklyn architectural talent
· Dwell Home Tours
· Shuttle bus tours between BKLYN DESIGNS, Brooklyn Museum & WantedDesign Industry City
· Architecture & Design Film Festival pop-up theater
· Inhabitat Green Design Awards & Scavenger Hunt
· Aphrochic lifestyle vignettes
· Workshops with the Textile Arts Center
· Talks and panel discussions throughout the show on topics including: interiors, architecture, product design, fashion, real estate, branding, film and food
· Cafes, bars and food trucks featuring local food vendors